I had every intention of doing NaBloPoMo this year. I've done it for the past several years and I LOVE it. However. There's this little thing happening called A CHRISTMAS CAROL. I have no time, y'all. I can't believe how busy I am. The show is very big and there are a LOT of details to juggle. By the time I make it home at night, I'm ready to collapse. There have been several nights this week when I've fallen asleep with Dean before 9pm.
Anyway, excuses, excuses, I'm not doing it. But some of my favorite blogger are, so I'll be reading along and posting whenever I can.
My original idea was to do a simpler NaBlo this year, posting something in the spirit of a gratitude journal each day. Since it's the fifth of the month, I'll share 5 things I'm thankful for right now.
1. Dean. He really is my sunshine.
2. Lower gas prices. I filled up at Sam's Club for $3.17 a gallon last night! When you drive as much as I do, those pennies add up.
3. Marcus. He's a rockstar. Over the weekend, he grocery shopped, did all our laundry, and made wonderful dinners for us.
4. The weather. It has finally changed. (I think. That random 80 degree day was a little weird last week.) Weather changes rejuvenate me.
5. Sandy is over. We were not directly affected, but our family in DC and our friends in NYC, my favorite hometown, certainly were. I'm glad they're all ok.