Today's my 33rd birthday, so I thought I'd do something a little different. Here are 33 foods I love, some with hyperlinks to the recipes. Some are just things we make at our house and others are things everyone eats. I wish I could indulge in each of these today, but my hips wouldn't fit through my doorways if I did that, so I shall refrain. I will, however, be enjoying a special birthday dinner with my family at our favorite local restaurant and you better believe there will be cake.
Tune in later this week when it hits me that GOOD LORD, I AM 33!
THIRTY-THREE FOODS JEN LUVS (in random order)
1. Marcus's tacos. He makes the best tacos ever. E-VER. The only downside is that he fries his own tortillas which, while awesomely delicious, smells up the house for a week.
2. Flank steak. My favorite is made by my mother-in-law, but Marcus's is a close second.
3. My mom's round steak and gravy. I could take a bath in her gravy.
4. My dad's hamburgers on the grill. Bonus points for melted cheese.
6. Shrimp Creole.
7. Andouille sausage.
8. Krispy Kreme doughnuts. (HOT NOW!)
9. Veggie pizza. Or meaty pizza. Or cheese pizza.
10. Extra-sharp cheddar cheese. We go through at least a block a week in our house. (Why is my cholesterol high again?)
12. Any and all pasta.
15. Really good macaroni and cheese.
16. Honey mustard dressing.
18. Chocolate souffle.
19. Red bell peppers.
20. Onions. (My child has inherited this love.)
21. Cinnamon Rolls, but not if they have cream cheese icing. Am purist. Like regular icing.
22. Croissants. (Chocolate, butter and almond varieties all hold an equally special place in my heart.)
23. Sauerkraut on mah hot dawg.
24. BBQ Nachos. So wrong, yet so right.
25. Turnips. The roots and the greens. LOVE them.
26. Yellow squash. These days, I have to fight Dean to get any.
27. All fried potatoes. I've never met a tater tot, french fry or hashbrown I didn't like at least a little bit.
28. M & M's. It's Casey's fault for posting this story. I've been craving them like mad ever since I read it.
29. Spinach dip, preferably with artichokes.
30. Fondue. I love fondue, especially the cheese kind. Anything that requires a special utensil with a color-coded dot is for me.
31. Bread. The crustier and fresher, the better.
32. Fresh raspberries.
33. COFFEE! (That's a food, right?)