I've been enjoying the Ultimate Blog Party hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom for several years. I discovered several folks on my blogroll through this party. It's such a fun way to visit a lot of new blogs and rediscover some old favorites.
If you're new, you can read all about me in my last UBP post. Wow. I just read that post. A lot's changed since then. Dean was a tiny 14 month old then. He's a strapping 3 year old now. He's also sickly with a cough/fever thing today that we could all do without.
I decided an updated "100 Things" post might be in order, but there are a lot of blogs to visit and really, I only have time/energy to write 50 things so here we go!
1. My son is the funniest person I know, especially when he's singing everything to the tune of the Veggie Tales theme song.
2. I absolutely hate the smell of scrambled eggs. We eat them all the time, but the smell of them hitting the pan makes me gag a bit. Perhaps I should use this method instead.
3. Did you hit that link?? It's to Food Lush, a fantastic blog I'm lucky enough to write for once a week.
4. I run a weekly feature here called Comfort Food Saturday. I'm just coming back off a loooooong hiatus, so exciting new recipes are afoot!
5. I like to use the words "afoot" and "abreast" as often as possible.
6. I'm a stage manager at this place. It's a pretty cool job if I do say so myself.
7. I have worked on nothing but world premiers of brand-spankin'-new plays for the past 3 years.
8. I consider a Nutella Burrito (Nutella and strawberries or bananas on a tortilla) a well-balanced breakfast.
9. I'm potty training my son. It sort of stinks. (Literally and figuratively.)
10. My husband and I are hopelessly addicted to Criminal Minds. Good thing it's on 12 times a day.
11. I love to go to museums and I plan on spending more time in them now that my son's old enough to enjoy them, too.
12. My son calls me Sugar. It's my favorite nickname EVER.
13. I love to bake and I'm pretty good at it. I made an excellent German Chocolate Cake recently, complete with homemade frosting.
14. I chat with one of my favorite online friends on Skype nearly every day.
15. I recently gave up Coke Zero and Splenda for my mother. I now pour Truvia in my coffee, then make icky faces when I drink it. The things we do for love, huh?
16. Nearly three years after moving away, I still think about and miss NYC every day.
17. If the HOT NOW sign is flashing as I pass a Krispy Kreme, I WILL stop.
18. I prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee, though.
19. I have a little vegetable patch on the side of my house where I like to plant peppers and herbs in the spring. My son usually eats all the peppers straight off the plant before we can get them inside.
20. I love to go to Farmer's Markets, especially if there are samples.
21. Regardless of the fact that I'm a born and bred southerner, I often have trouble understanding one of my neighbors because his accent's so thick.
22. I want to start vlogging more this year and I will thanks to the amazing little video camera Marcus got me for my birthday.
23. I went to BlogHer last year in NYC. It was amazing.
24. We'll be visiting my in-laws for three weeks at the end of the summer and I want to organize a blogger meetup with some D.C. area bloggers while I'm there.
25. I believe the secret to world peace is warm chocolate souffle.
26. I hide from people who come knocking at my door sometimes, particularly if they are selling something or telling me about their religion. I learned this skill from my grandmother.
27. If I don't regularly wax my eyebrows, I look like Bert from Sesame Street. Don't believe me? Ask my son, who pointed to a picture of Bert in a book the other day and said, "Look! Mama's eyebrow!"
28. I have a minor in French. I'd like to go back and take some refresher courses to brush up my conversational French.
29. My favorite phrase to say in French is "Je voudrais un sandwich aved du jambon et de la moutarde a l'autobus." (I would like a sandwich with ham and mustard on the bus.) (It's just fun to say "l'autobus.")
30. Someone who actually speaks French is about to leave me a comment telling me everything that's wrong with that sentence.
31. I often subsidize the cost of babysitters by feeding them dinner and allowing them to use our washer/dryer. They'll work for less cash if there's a hot meal, snacks and a front-loader in which to wash their linens.
32. Good grief, why did I say 50 things?
33. I had to go to the grocery store at 7:40 this morning because we were out of apple juice and eggs. I also purchased donuts.
34. I hate chocolate and peanut butter together, except in cake form.
35. I only eat purple jelly on my PB and J's.
36. My meatloaf contains an entire day's worth of veggies. It's magically delicious and is my son's favorite food. He likes to identify the things he finds inside. "Look, a carrot!"
37. I absolutely cannot stand having wet socks. The ice dispenser on our freezer sometimes shoots out random cubes, which melt on the floor, which I step on, thus receiving a wet sock. Boo.
38. I'm addicted to Yes To Carrots products. My mom gave me an entire gift basket of their stuff for Christmas.
39. As much as I would have liked to have had another baby, I'm ok to be done with things like colic and (almost) diapers and teething. I do, however, miss onesies, teeny tiny socks and swaddling.
40. If my neighbor rides through my yard on his four-wheeler one more time, I'm going to throw eggs at him.
41. If my entire house was as organized as my linen closet, I'd be one happy camper.
42. There are no pictures in this post because I just got a brand new laptop and haven't transferred anything over to it yet.
43. It freaks people out when they discover I know how to use power tools. (2 degrees in theatre, folks. Those sets have to get built somehow!)
44. I want to get a piano so I can start playing again. I'd also like to try teaching Dean to play.
45. A lot of people have sought refuge around my kitchen table. This makes me very, very happy.
46. During sandal season, I keep my toes painted a color Marcus calls "highlighter pink."
47. Fake southern accents upset my stomach. However, I can take an antacid and live with it for episodes of True Blood.
48. I enjoyed the Grey's Anatomy Musical Event in spite of myself.
49. I make mix CDs all the time so I can listen to them in the car.
50. I'm going to make a Nutella Burrito now!