First of all, OMG, I'm posting on two consecutive days! Over the shock? Fantastic.
Molly had a great post today about finding happiness. It reminded me of something I've done over the years, on and off, called a Gratitude Journal. There have been times in my life when I've sworn by gratitude journals and I've even been known to give them as gifts. Whenever I'm having trouble seeing the silver lining on a particular set of clouds, I buy myself a blank journal and start writing down five things each day that I'm grateful for right at that moment. They can be big things like my health, my family, my job, or small things like seeing a pretty flower in the park, filling up at the cheapest gas station in town or eating a Hershey's Special Dark. Coffee also frequently appears on my lists. I prefer to write my entries at the end of the day so that I go to bed with a smile on my face. I find that no matter how crummy my day has been, I can always find five things to be grateful for an that those things have the power to change my perspective drastically.
Today I'm thankful for:
1. My friend Tanya. We had lunch then went shopping this afternoon. We also had frozen yogurt. I like Tanya a lot.
2. A 2-show day at a job I love doing a play I enjoy watching over and over again.
3. My grey pants. My mercy, they are comfy.
4. Inside jokes. They are just such fun sometimes.
5. Blog comments on yesterday's post. I've missed you lovely people.
What are you grateful for today?