2010 was a great year. I watched my son grow and change in ways that have blown my mind. I went back to work outside the walls of academia and settled into myself, proving I COULD be both a mom and a stage manager. I've watched my husband work and fish and smile and enjoy being a dad and it's made our marriage stronger. Together, we made the sensible yet difficult decision not to expand our family and took care of things in a permanent way. I almost lost my mom, and now I thank God every day for the "almost" part. I cooked and baked and listened and laughed. I found a great new home online, an amazingly fun creative outlet, where I'm surrounded by some great, like-minded foodies. I traveled "home" to NYC. I met so many friends who had previously just lived in images online. I finally lost the baby weight.
Most importantly, after three years of craziness, including a pregnancy, a child, some health issues, a major relocation and professional redefinition, I found myself again in 2010. I'm so ready to take 2011 by the horns. I can't wait to see what's in store for my little family.
Here's my top To Do's for 2011:
- Learn to make killer guacamole
- Bake a Buzz and Woody cake for Dean's third birthday
- Come to grips with the fact that OMG my baby is THREE (but not til next Wednesday)
- Visit friends and/or host them in my home
- Go on more dates with my husband
- Meet more blog friends
- Nurture all my friendships
- Take a trip with my parents
- Spend one week eating nothing but fresh foods
- Quit drinking Coke Zero I totally changed my mind about that one. Already.
- Teach someone how to do something. (I'm not picky)
- Get my engagement ring repaired so I can wear it again
- Have a completely clean house, even if it's only for a day. Ok, an hour. (Baby steps, you know.)
What are your goals for the new year?
Happy 2011, friends!